Quortina Phipps, Senior Academic Counselor, College of Science
Amaya Spencer, Administrative Coordinator, World Languages, Literatures and Cultures
The fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement of all people while eliminating barriers, increasing justice and fairness within procedures, processes, and distribution of resources.
All the ways in which people differ, encompassing characteristics that make us different from one another. Diversity is all-inclusive. A broad definition includes race, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, physical appearance. It also includes different ideas, perspectives, and values.
Authentically bringing traditionally excluded individuals and/or groups into processes, activities, and decision/policy making in a way that shares power.
- Support and promote campus-wide equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Collaborate with standing Staff Senate committees as well as various committees and organizations across the university that support Staff, Faculty and Students
- Represent the Staff Senate in various campus committees and organizations around initiatives promoting equity, diversity and inclusion
- Organize and provide educational resources and training opportunities for university staff by actively collaborating with relevant campus offices, departments, and organizations
- Evaluate campus initiatives and foster discussions around the scope of equity, diversity and inclusion, as needed
The Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee shall
Continue to raise awareness and promote a more equitable, diverse and inclusive campus culture by celebrating, educating and respecting our various differences within the entire community of the University of North Texas, which will enhance both professional and personal growth.
Liz Berry, Katie Hebert, James Jackson, Asa Johnson, Rekha Nair, Quortina Phipps, Amaya Spencer, Samuel Wiggins