Staff Senate Newsletter • March 27, 2020
Hope this newsletter finds you well. Remember to visit our Staff Senate website, Like our page on Facebook @UNTStaffSenate and Follow us on Twitter @UNTStaffSenate! We're here to keep you up to date. Stay safe and healthy, UNT!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
In an effort to keep everyone healthy and to comply with Denton County's stay-at-home order, UNT’s on-campus operations have been dramatically reduced. To stay up to date on UNT's response to COVID-19, see healthalerts.unt.edu.
Stay at Home, Denton
On March 24, 2020, Denton County and the City of Denton issued stay-at-home mandates requiring residents to stay at home effective at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, until March 31 (unless extended). To read more about the stay-at-home order for Denton County and the City of Denton, go HERE.
- UNT's Student Government Association has put together a Google Doc with resources for UNT students with everything from financial assistance to mental health. Click HERE for details.
- President Smatresk has created a fund to help students who have immediate and pressing needs related to COVID-19. Learn more at one.unt.edu/untcares.
- UNT's Start Green Stay Green program is a resource for students seeking options for financial assistance. Go HERE for program details.
Recognizing Each Other's Efforts
If you know of someone who is going above and beyond, please share their information with firstname.lastname@example.org so we can give them a shout out.
UNT World Town Hall
UNT System Chancellor Lesa Roe hosted a COVID-19-related Town Hall Tuesday, March 24, with UNT President Neal Smatresk, UNT Dallas President Bob Mong, UNT Health Science Center President Michael Williams, and Vice Chancellor & Chief Human Capital Officer Barbara Abercrombie. The video is archived and can be viewed here.
Questions for Human Resources
Insurance & COVID-19
- The situation has many people feeling anxious and scared. Optum has opened its Emotional-Support Help Line—staffed by mental health professionals—to anyone who may be experiencing fear or stress because of COVID-19. Members can call (866) 342-6892, free of charge, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- For more information on insurance go HERE.
- See Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Select website for information on medical and mental health virtual visits.
Keep Moving, UNT
Rec Sports is encouraging us to Keep Moving! Go HERE to find out ways you can join! And visit the Rec Sports website for information about their new fitness online workouts, virtual group exercise classes, and intramural online tournaments & events! It’s a great way to stay in shape and connected with friends during quarantine!
Join Us at Our Next Meeting!
Meetings are open to all UNT staff members. Please check back for details on our next meeting.
For meeting agendas and minutes, click HERE.