Staff Senate Special Election
The Staff Senate has a vacancy in four units: Academic Affairs, Advancement, Enrollment, and Finance & Administration! Nominations will open Friday, December 3rd for staff in any of these units.
- Candidates must have worked at UNT at least 1 year by the beginning of the term (February 1, 2022).
- Candidates must not occupy a role above Director at the time of the election.
- Candidates must be benefits-eligible as determined by HR.
- Candidate must have supervisor approval to serve the remainder of the term they are assuming. Supervisor approval will be sought by the Staff Senate Elections Committee.
- Candidate must be available for the monthly General Assembly meeting on the second Tuesday of each month from 3-5pm.
Election and Service Details:
- An election will be held in January for a term beginning February 1, 2022. Exact details and dates for the special election are yet to be determined, but will be posted online and communicated to qualified candidates.
- Staff members elected to fill these seats will complete the term vacated by the prior Senator, at which point they will be eligible to run in a General Election to serve up to 2 complete two-year terms, if they so choose.
- Any UNT staff member can nominate a staff member from one of the open units, but only those in a particular unit can vote for their seat in the election. Candidates are permitted to nominate themself.
- For more information about what being a Senator entails, click here: Join Us!
Click here to nominate yourself
Click here to nominate another staff member
Staff Senate General Election
The Spring 2022 General Election details will be announced in February.
Have questions about the Staff Senate election process or what it's like to serve on the Staff Senate? Email StaffSenateElections@unt.edu.