Nominations are open for the UNT Staff Senate! If you’d like to help advance the university’s mission, particularly on issues that impact you and your fellow UNT staff members, then consider nominating yourself or someone else* for this important role today. Once elected, Senate members will hold a two-year term, represent a pool of staff constituents and serve as their voice to ensure that their needs are addressed.
- Attend Monthly Meetings — Learn about current initiatives that may impact staff, report on the concerns of constituents and create legislation to improve the staff experience.
- Communicate with Constituents — Share what they have learned about the university with their colleagues and regularly seek feedback regarding the issues they want the Senate to address.
- Serve on at least one Staff Senate Committee — Each Senator serves on a committee, which are Bylaws and Elections, Policy and Benefits, Communications and Public Relations, Staff Development, and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. More information can be found on the Staff Senate website.
- Nominees must be full or part time benefits-eligible staff employed by UNT for a minimum of one (1) year.
- The following employee positions are excluded from serving as a Staff Senator: President, Provost, Vice President/ Associate Vice President/ Assistant Vice President, Dean/ Associate Dean/ Assistant Dean, Teaching Fellow/ Teaching Assistant/ Research Assistant/ Graduate Student, Individuals in positions classified as student positions, Faculty/lecturers/professional librarians/adjunct professors/special appointed faculty, Employees of the UNT System and its other member institutions.
*Please note that a Supervisor Approval Form is required with each nomination. If you are nominating yourself, please provide this form to your supervisor. A form will be send to all other nominees if the nomination is accepted.
Thanks to all who participate by voting, sharing the message and supporting your colleagues! If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Congratulations to the winners of the Special Elections conducted for the Division of Enrollment and the Division of Finance & Administration! Welcome, Jamie Brand, David Causey, and John Tannert!