All UNT Staff Senator candidates are required to file supervisor approval with the current Senate Election Board before they are eligible to run for a seat. Supervisors are requested to submit their formal approval to the Senate using this form.
Staff members must meet the following requirements to serve, in addition to your approval:
- Staff must be benefits eligible
- Staff must have been employed at UNT for at least 1 year by the beginning of the term (9/1)
- Staff must be available to attend monthly General Assembly meeting on the second Tuesday of every month from 3-5pm
- Staff must hold a position below the Director level at the time of election
- Staff must be able to regularly allocate an additional 1-2 hours of time each month to hold office hours in-person or virtually, meet other constituent needs, and participate in other Senate events as possible